Saturday 17 October 2009

Autumn Anniversary

The Pink Elephant challenge this week is

Fall

There are so many different collections that I could have used for this, but I have been asked to make a Wedding Anniversary card and to use autumn colours, so what better than to combine it with this challenge!

The papers are from Patti Picklicious and I've printed them onto 300gsm linen ivory card, rounded edges and lightly inked them too. The ribbon is from my stash as too the hat pin, beads, brad and heart charm.

Fortunately, as the card is in landscape, it holds up under the weight of the charm! I actually think I bought the charm in a pack of 6 from B&M Bargains but they are really study!
I am really pleased with this card, so I think I'll be making more that are similar as a set for my up and coming Christmas Fairs on 21 November and 6 December. I may have to buy more ribbon though. Ah well!!
  • Backing papers: Patti Picklicious by Kirsty Wiseman
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Charm: From B&M Bargains, I think
  • Everything else: My stash

7 comments:

  1. this card is just so, so lovely Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant Ruth, love the papers, I must get that CD. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeously elegant card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a totally classy and elegant card. Love it.
    Hope you enjoyed playing in our Autumn themed challenge this week. Good luck in the draw for the prize from Wild Flower Kids rubber stamps.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how simple this card is. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a simple, chic, lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with us at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think your work is really lovely, i tweeted a link to this piece as it is my favorite.

    ~dani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!