Friday 4 May 2012

Mermaid

It's time to show off the new release digi stamp over at Jellypark and here she is!  Such a cute mermaid!  I've used a scalloped edge card blank as a template to draw around as I've used some hammered white card (sort of a bit like watercolour paper) as the base.

Image has been coloured with Promarkers and I've cut out the image leaving a tiny white border around the edge.

The card base has been coloured directly onto it with Aquamarkers and I'm quite pleased how it all turned out and I've just realised that the card blank ishaped a little like a fancy shell!  I'd like to say that it was planned, but I'm not that good!  I've inked around the edges with a Chestnut brown Whispers almost dired out inkpad.

And look - no embellishments!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly:  Anything Goes
Passion For Promarkers:  Light and Bright
{PIN}spirational:  Colour / Image Inspiration
Paper Pretties:  Shaped Cards
Simon Says Stamp:  Kaledeiscope of Colour
  • Image:  Jellypark, coloured with Promarkers
  • Card blank:  Coloured with Aquamarkers

7 comments:

  1. What a SWEET card!!!I love it! Thanks so much for participating in the {PIN}spirational challenge this week! Hope to see you back again next week!!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mermaid card you've made! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful creation! You're right - The base is splendid! I love the colors :)

    Thank you for sharing with us at {PIN}spirational Challenges this week!

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love the AquaMarker background.
    Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is gorgeous and your colouring is perfection....brilliant! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SOOOO RIGHT...she is a cute mermaid...and what a beautiful background you created for her!!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Ruth, I love the water colour look :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!