Tuesday 15 May 2012

Get Funky Challenge - Polkadots and Flowers

It's time for a brand new challenge at Get Funky! I am the hostess this month and the theme I have chosen is:


Polkadots and Flowers

Nice and easy! The main rule that we have is that you MUST use a Funky Hand product in your creation and there is always a freebie to help you on your way for the month.

I've used the fab Rainbow Polkadots download for my handbag card - the template I've used is actually a blank bag and I've simply drawn around it! The handbag actually folds flat for posting which is handy!


I've added a faux stitch around the edges in a black fineliner pen and added a Queen and Co faster with a pearl centred brad to hold it all together.

The flowers are made from a type of angel hair paper and tissue paper all layered and in reducing sizes - I used my Spellbinder scallop circle die to cut them out and again added a pearl centred brad to hold it all together.

Good luck with the challenge - for more details please go to the challenge blog!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

2 Sisters:  Make It Girlie
CES Challenges:  Anything Goes
Crafty Mess:  Pink and Cute
Card Makin' Mama's:  Flowers
Charisma Cardz:  Pink and Girlie
Do You Stack Up:  Use a Flower

  • Template: A diecut blank from my stash
  • Papers: Funky Hand - Rainbow Polkadots download
  • Dies: Spellbinder Scallop Circles
  • Everything else: My stash

10 comments:

  1. oooh thats gorgeous Ruth and those flowers are so pretty.
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shaped card!
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An other project ?! What a creativity ! Magnificent handbag, I want the same !!!

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for entering the Craftymess challenge http://craftymesschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    Simply stunning. Love the foe stitching and the flowers are lovely.
    Well Done and I look forward to seeing more of your entries over at craftymess
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving this little bag and those flowers are just gorgeous.

    Sandie@Craftymess Challenge Blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like those flowers...gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week...hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love your flowers!! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week. Hugs, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the Pink and Cute Challenge. Love it!

    Thanks for taking part in the Craftymessers challenge with us.

    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creation as always Ruth.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!