Saturday 21 August 2010

Gardening Pocket

The Dotties World challenge this week is to use your:

Favourite Charmed Download

And I decided to use the Gardening George (he's not actually my very favourite as there are lots to choose from, but he comes in the top 5!) and to make a gift card.

I've used a sheet of 12x12 vellum by Papermania which I've folded to make two pockets - excuse the old train tickets but I didn't have anything else to put in - but at least you can see where the pockets are!

I've added brass eyelets and jute string for a more manly touch. The image was pre-coloured but I've added extra colour for the sky and then layered it onto colour co-ordinating card from my stash.

I think I might make more of these as they are pretty quick, and probably some Christmas themed ones too!

  • Image: Charmed Cards and Crafts - Gardening George pre-coloured but with extra Promarker colour
  • Vellum: Papermania
  • Everything else: My stash

5 comments:

  1. I really like this. You should do a tute as I'd like to make something like this for Christmas, we have lots of older children to gift these days and that usually involves a voucher or folding pennies for their funds and it always seems really impersonal but in a handmade pocket would add that personal touch back. Just a thought! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous hunni, love the vellum you've used its lush

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh I love that! fab idea with the two pockets, love it!! George looks splendidly coloured in. Great work!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    This is really a great card. I also love the idea of a two pocket card, so a tutorial would be great. Last year I made small cards with tickets for a evning at cinema. So I would love to learn how to make this one.
    Love the vellum, it is great and how you used the tread is stunning.
    Thanks for playing with us at DW.
    *Gunn*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!