Friday 20 August 2010

First Day At School

I could not resist making two almost identical cards for the Bugaboo Challenge which is

Back To School

And both cards will soon be on their way to their recipients, and funnily enough, the digi images look like them! I've coloured them with Promarkers and then layered onto plain card, the shapes cut with a Nesties set.


I've added a bit of doodling with black fine pen and a white gel pen and added ribbon from my stash. I've had a set of school related fancy buttons kicking around in my stash for ages (that long that the packet they were in has vanished!) I cut the backs off as they were buttons so they were a little more flat, added foam pads behind (and glue as I don't always trust the stickiness of the pads!) and then stuck it to the card.

Really quick and simple cards to make! Oh, and the sentiment is computer generated - I jiggled it about so it sat neatly under the image.

  • Images: Bugaboo, coloured with Promarkers
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities
  • Card: All from stash
  • Everything else: All from stash

5 comments:

  1. Love the cards, great colouring and the girls are so cute. I've bought a few Bugaboo images myself but not used some of them yet... must take a look at them now that I've been reminded.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, they are cute ruth, love the little pencils too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Gorgeous,Love the images!!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both absolutely darling, but I'm a little partial to the brunette myself. . .;) Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Back to School challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I just love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog for our Back to School Challenge! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!