Sunday 15 August 2010

White Wedding

I followed this sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday for a Wedding card that I'd been asked to make:


The Wedding theme is black and silver so I stuck to a mainly silver theme. The image has been bought from here and is by Lee Jacobs - I've coloured it with Promarkers. I've embossed white vellum panels with the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder and have added a wide organza ribbon which I've tied under the image.

The image has been lightly inked with my very faded black inkpad around the edges before layering onto some very shiny silver card! The flowers and gems are from my stash and I've dotted some liquid pearls in two of the corners.

On searching through all my cards I've realised that I've hardly any Wedding cards, so it looks like I'll be making more of an effort to make those in the near future!

  • Image: Digi by Lee Jacobs, bought from CraftsUPrint, coloured with Promarkers
  • Embossing: D'vine Swirls from Cuttlebug
  • Everything else: My stash

12 comments:

  1. I do love your card and image you have used its a great Wedding Card. I adore Divine Swirls Embossing folder this has to be my all time favourite. Love your card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW and I hope to see more of your work soon.

    Kathie SSW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card! It'll be so nice to see some other projects like this one :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling wedding card! I used up two of my last night and realized I need to make some more! Love the all white and silver look! Very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white on white and fun wedding image. Nice job on the coloring and take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us!
    Nancy SSW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! Love the clean and crisp feel but yet so elegant! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at SSW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza, this is one gorgeous wedding card!!! Love the softness of it! Perfect for that special couple on their special day!! Thanks for joining us at SSW!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really lovely and perfect wedding card! I love all of the jewels. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the elegant feel of your fablous wedding card. Such fin detail. Thanks for playing along @ ssw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet image and great DPs. You did a fabulous job on the coloring and the card is just lovely.
    Erika - SSW

    ReplyDelete
  10. So elegant! You did a fab job colouring your image & the bling & little pearls are so sweet. Thanks for playing along with us this week :)

    Genevieve SSW

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect wedding card! I have been trying to stock on these too but never seem to hold on to them! Love the image with the flower, ribbon, and gems. Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Lovely image. Thanks for playing at SSW!

    Jenny T.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!