Tuesday 4 December 2012

First Christmas

I've made a first Christmas card for my little niece Amy who was born at the end of February and I've used the Santa Baby wordbook download from Funky Hand and it's part of the Oh Come All Ye Crafters collection.  I printed on the reverse too and used the Santa Baby papers for that - so when you open the pages there is colour everywhere!

Really simple to make - print out the letters you want, glitter them (of course!) around the edges, layer up so you can read what you've printed then glue the 'pages' together!

I've added Sizzix Round-a-Bout die cut letters to spell out Christmas and added a rather large amount of fine glitter over the top!  I first coated the letters with glossy accents and then went a little mad with the glitter!  Same treatment on the Marianne Creatables snowflakes!

And to pretty up the spine, I've added some pink organza ribbon, tied into a bow and then a star charm which was actually donated to me by Amy's mum when she had a clear out!!

The left over parts from cutting the wordbook letters I used to make the die cuts so nothing went to waste!!

I'm actually in the process of making another of these as one of my cousins had a baby girl at the start of November, and well, the cards are so easy to make, it seems rude not to!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Creative Card Crew:  Star (its a bit tiny though!!)
Digital Tuesday Challenge:  Non Traditional Christmas
Die Cuttin' Diva's:  Holiday Spirit
Ribbon Carousel:  Holiday Spirit
ABC Challenges:  Holiday Cards with Bling
Top Tip Tuesday:  Christmas (My tip is to use glossy accents rather than glue when glittering as the glitter stays put a lot better and it has a nicer finish!)

All papers:  Santa Baby wordbook download from Funky Hand
Dies:  Marianne Creatables snowflakes and Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet
Everything else:  My stash (or donated!) 

13 comments:

  1. It's totally lovely. It's fantastic how different the wordbooks can look depending on the papers and how you have decorated xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative & pretty! Thanks so much for joining us @ ABC Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet album! Love the shaped cover - and I spotted the star right away so it's not too tiny :) Thanks for playing along with Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea--love the colors! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a pretty card, very colourful. Yes, I do see your star ;-) Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew. Cheers FiLoMa DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely!!
    Thanks so much for sharing @ Digital Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, it really makes an impact. Great tip. I love Glossy Accents, its so versatile. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabby creation. Thank you so much for sharing it with us over at Creative Card Crew this time.
    Elaine aka Ellapu DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so cute! What a great idea and will be really special for your niece! Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL.."glitter them, of course!" LOVE IT! I think your first Christmas book is fantastic! The colors are magnificent and it's perfect that it runs through the whole book. I've never seen anything like this. It's completely wonderful. :D
    Have a super weekend,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable, perfect for baby's first Christmas! Thanks for playing along this week at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool and colorful card! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!