Saturday 1 December 2012

Get Funky and Craft - Jingle Bells!

I hope you're liking our new look at Get Funky and Craft; Anice started the ball rolling on Wednesday, and here I am with the weekend post.  Allison will be along on Wednesday with more papercrafting inspiration for you. Here is the card I've made for my brother and his girlfriend this Christmas:


I've used the wordbook download Christmas Tree and simply printed out the letters I wanted onto thick card (I think its 240gsm) and then put the card back into the printer and added one of the plain colours from the backing paper collection so that the 'pages' are not blank on the back.

I then cut round each letter and layered them up so that you can see each letter.  I then cut each page so that it lined up as a book would at the spine.  I used a corner rounder punch to keep it looking nice and then added red glitter glue around the edge of each letter (it's Christmas after all!) and finally simply glued each page together and when once dry, I scored so that each page can be opened.

The word 'bells' has been cut with a Sizzix alphabet die - Round-A-Bout and I've used some of the offcuts of card from the wordbook letters and then went to town with some green glitter glue!

And to finish it all off, I found some green satin ribbon in my stash but not enough to make a fancy bow, so I threaded some red, gold, and green jingling bells onto some thin red ribbon and tied it all together.

If you're wondering just how big this card is and if it will fit in a normal envelope, then wonder no more as you can buy wordbook envelopes to fit!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Lady Anne's:  Sentiment Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity:  Christmas Chaos
Emergency Crafters:  Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy:  I Love Christmas


PapersChristmas Tree wordbook download and backing paper collection from Funky Hand
Dies:  Sizzix Round-A-Bout alphabet
Everything else:  My stash

12 comments:

  1. Love this one, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Cards By Lady Anne. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    cardsbyladyanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive and fun! Love it! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very festive and fun! Love it! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty nice project!!! It is a beautiful deco
    thanks for playing with us at Craft 4 Eternity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you for sharing your fabulous creation with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply Gorgeous festive creation... Thank you for joining us at Fussy & Fancy... May x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tip Top,
    Brilliant as usual!! ;) Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters.
    ~Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous creation. Thanks for joining us over at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge. Hugs Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!