Monday 24 December 2012

Fetch A Sketch Challenge 40

Good morning and Happy Christmas Eve!  It's time for a new Fetch A Sketch challenge and here is the sketch for this fortnight:

And I've made not one but two samples!  I bought some rather lovely felt Christmas tree decorations from Sainsburys when they first got all the Christmas stuff in - there are 16 different items and two of each and some can be used for other occasions so I just had to buy a pack!

All the papers are from Printable Heaven - Christmas Vintage set for £2.75 (38 papers!) and I've had the set for quite a few years and its always one I like to use!  I've added a faux running stitch around the edges and attempted a swish folding thing with the papers but didn't quite get it how I wanted on either card so I'll need to practice that a bit more!

I've added some chocolate brown ribbon across the centre and then some fancy gold braid which I got free with a magazine I think last year.  Two half pearls to the top of the card and one to each of the felt embellishments (hides the little hole where the string was!) and the cards are complete!


Good luck with the challenge - for more details, please pop over to Fetch A Sketch!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Dream Valley Challenges:  Christmas
Gingerloft:  Christmas or Winter
Pile It On:  Embellishments
Quirky Crafts:  Last Minute Christmas
The Squirrel and The Fox:  Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge:  Christmas
Craftymess:  Vintage Christmas
Winter Wonderland:  Wish Upon A Star

Papers:  Download from Printable Heaven
Felt Embellishment:  Christmas decoration set from Sainsburys
Everything else:  My stash 

12 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous Ruth, I want to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Ruth! What a wonderful card! Love your faux stitching - but more, I especially like the 1/2 circle you've pleated. I see you've requested people not use your ideas without asking. I'd love trying this fold technique on some of my cards. Do I have your permission? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG love the pleated paper!!! Very artistic card! Love it! Have a Happy and Merry Christmas!!
    Tammy at Créations LaDiva :) xx

    I have some candy on my blog, you are more than welcome to join and thank you if you already have ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh these are fab.. love the design
    Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland
    Merry Christmas to you and yours
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Ruth.Love them both.Great colours and papers too.Thank you for the lovely xmas card sweetie.Merry xmas.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card - love the pleated paper - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 104 - hope to see you again soon. Happy Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, so unusual. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous interpretation of our theme, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    hope you had a great Xmas and wishing you a fabulous New Year
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card ... I love faux stitching it really adds something special to a card ... I really like how you have folded the paper at the bottom .. Great idea
    Thank you for joining in the Crafty Mess Challenge

    Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on the win, however your comment said you had sent an email, I have not received one yet, my e mail address is on my blog and on the main challenge site at Winter Wonderland, would hate you to miss out
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw, very sweet!thank you so much for joining Quirky Crafts, new Challenge starts later today,
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!