Friday 4 February 2011

Slightly Sozzled Santa

I suppose I am a bit of an impulse buyer, especially when something is a bargain as I know I will use it at some point, one day! And the Santa on this card is just this! It's a die-cut decoupage image that I bought from my local craft shop a while ago for a bargain. The bits were easy to pop out and I've layered it with foam pads.

So, as I'd actually made the image and it was simply hanging around, it needed to be used. So when I saw the Crafty Hazelnut Christmas challenge for this week - its a perfect fit! The theme is

Santa

And I've used the very lovely Jingle Belles sketch from their last challenge (I got an honourable mention - who-hoooo!) I couldn't lay my hands on any suitable backing paper so decided to weave some embossed (snowflakes and swiss dots) strips of off-cut white card as the background. The tiny fairy lights I've had for donkeys in my stash but never really used them, and I've secured them with a brad and a dab of glue. Santa does look rather sozzled!!

I'm feeling rather rough at the moment - got a cold from hell which I thought was flu on Monday but I'm still moving (just) and I'm not too bad as long as I don't start sneezing or thinking about it. And I look like Rudolf. Great.

  • Image: Die cut decoupage - not got a clue of the maker
  • Embossing: Cuttlebug snowflakes and swiss dot
  • Fairy lights: My stash

3 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon. What a fun Santa (yes, he does look as if he's had one too many - lol!) - love those fairy lights. Thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 5 - hope to see you for challenge 6 that goes live tomorrow morning. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha, tooooooo funny!
    Feel better soon and please, keep it to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fa card Ruth and Santa does look a little worse for wear ! Hope you feel better soon. Put your feet up over the weekend (if that's possible),

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!