Tuesday 8 February 2011

Two for One

Apologies for being missing in action recently - still been quite poorly and have been rather sick and ill. Bit like having a really massive hangover but without the alcohol and a bad cold on top of it. Nice.

Anyway, I'd started the last Sarah Hurley challenge which was a sketch and didn't manage to finish it in time. So I was pretty pleased when I saw that the current one was

To Use Die Cuts

Perfect! So I combined last weeks sketch (sort of) and this week's die cuts! And managed to make two cards with it as well! All the papers are from Dreams Come True from Funky Hand. I've used images from Soft Pencil and coloured with Promarkers.


The die cuts are Cuttlebug train set and I think Sizzix train track (bought the train track die cuts from ebay a long time ago!) The buttons and string are from my stash.

Apologies for the slightly blurry second picture - combination of yuckiness and having to kneel on a hard kitchen floor to take the picture!

With a bit of luck I'll be feeling better soon and back to normal!

  • All papers: Dreams Come True from Funky Hand
  • Images: Soft Pencil, coloured with Promarkers
  • Die Cuts: Train - Cuttlebug, Track - Sizzix
  • Everything else: My stash

8 comments:

  1. Ruth, these are so precious! I love the train and track die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a cute card ,, i love that train track
    Thanks for joining us at sarah hurley this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous!! Loving thr polka dots and the train track!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! Love the images and the coloring. I'm partial to the first one, since my son has soft, curly hair. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!
    Great take on the sketch and even better you made it into the new Challenge!
    Fab wee image and love the train track!!
    Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Sarah Hurley Challenges!
    Hugs Melly

    Ps I have CANDY xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww I love trains, this is such a sweet card !
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet Ruth, I love your use of the die cuts
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!