Sunday 13 February 2011

Last Year's Earrings

I found a brand new challenge site with its very first challenge! Actually I found it whilst having a nosey on Colettes blog, liked the look of the challenge, and well, here I am!

The challenge blog is The Clipart Fairy Challenge and the theme is a sketch but a semi circle has to be used along with a heart. And to use The Clipart Fairy elements / papers too.


The papers I downloaded are freebies from the blog and I decided to go with a Christmas theme (well it's chucking it down and it certainly doesn't feel like spring yet!) I've not got a large enough heart to use and as I'd already decided on a snowflake theme, I went with that.

So I've used a glittered wooden snowflake which probably, knowing what I buy, is intended as a Christmas tree decoration, but for 4 of this size and one twice the size for a £1 in the Poundshop in Blackburn, how could I resit (I bought two packs!) And then added red gems on the ends of the flake.

The large blingy heart is actually part of a set of earrings I bought after last Valentines Day in Asda. There were two reds and two clear earrings in the set reduced to 50p. Bargain! The stud part behind actually folds down quite well and with a bit of double sided foam under it, it all glues quite well!

So not sure if it actually fits the challenge theme, but I have used a heart!!

  • All papers: The Clipart Fairy, freebies
  • Snowflake: Poundshop
  • Heart: Earring from Asda
  • Everything else: My stash

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth, I think it's a great entry for the challenge, and something a little different with it being Christmas-y instead of lovey, love all the cheap goodies, it's great to find a bargain and it looks like you certainly know how to do that hehe!.
    It was lovely to meet you and Samuel yesterday, hope we can manage it again some time.
    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth, a great card :)
    and thank you for joining us at theclipartfairy

    Hugs
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!