Wednesday 23 February 2011

And More Decorations!

At risk of saying that I've made another Christmas card with more Christmas tree decoration, well, I have and here it is! Over on Jingle Belles Rock this week, the challenge is a double one as it uses the sketch from Sketchy Thursday, so one card equals two challenges!


And Sketchy Thursday is one challenge I'd not come across before.... Fatal as you know I'll be back as I do like sketches! Anyway, I've used some very lovely felt off white card as my card base, added a 4.5x6.5 sheet of sparkly card (Dovecraft Noel cardstock) - another of the bargains I bought in the January sales! The tree decoration is from Tesco's (on the 3 for 2 offer so I bought 3 different packs - seemed rude not to!) and the organza burgundy ribbon is from my stash. I've added a few gems to the top of the card. For closure. Cos it needed it.

So there you have it. I need to get out more and stop using Christmas tree decorations on my cards. Is it just me who gets excited when in a shop and realising that the decorations are flat and light enough to be added to cards? Ah, it is just me. Ah well!

  • Backing paper: Dovecraft 4.5x6.5 Noel pack
  • Embellishment: Tesco's Christmas tree decoration
  • Everything else: My stash

8 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card!!!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, it's not just you! :) i spot things EVERYWHERE and think, "that would be GREAT on a card!" (also i suspect if you keep making such gorgeous cards with your found finery, you'll inspire EVERYONE to want to check their decorations for things that could work!)

    i ♥LOVE♥ that gorgeous star...especially paired with the beautiful sheer ribbon. the colors are fabulous as well! totally awesome card once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paper choice... love the star. This is a beautiful card!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've managed to turn those bargain ornament finds into such fabulous holiday designs ... that star is so very elegant ... so glad you enjoyed the sketch (Sketchy Thursdays is a fantastic resource) ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth, this is simply GORGEOUS!!! Love it and it's a perfect card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. pssst....I'm like you...I look at everything as potential card embellies:) Love your card...that star is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love love this! I Loveeeeeeeeeeee that star! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays and Jingle Belles! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!