Sunday 27 February 2011

Shake It!

Sometimes I see a challenge and I think - yeah, I'll have a go at that. Then I spend the next three days mulling it over, that is once I'd coloured the image as I knew which one I wanted to use. Then I decide I can't work it out and put the idea out of my head. Then inspiration strikes me when I've got a quiet moment (not many of those this last week I can tell you!) So I decide to make it.

And when I do it takes me all of 90 minutes to make! Rarely do I make a card on a whim - I usually spend quite a while thinking about it and working it all out which is why I generally have at least 6 or 7 cards or projects on the go at any one time. My time is limited and I have to plan it carefully and because I've been the domestic goddess this last week and done enough cleaning to last a lifetime (and its not over! and where the hell does all the bloody dust come from? I've only just cleaned it!!) I've had time to ponder.

Enough waffle. Here is the shaker card I've made for the Tiddly Inks challenge:

I made the card blank myself from a lovely large sheet of very nice silver card that I found (under Samuel's bed), cut out the aperture, stuck the acetate on, added 3d foam pads around the inside edge, added silver and pink seed beads and then the image (coloured with Promarkers plus chalked behind). I then added the frame to hide my rubbish knife lines, inked them and drew a border.

Then decided it looked a bit too bare and added the bunting. Papers are from my stash and so too the black embroidery thread. Good job its a very girly card as Jacob was quite taken with this offering too. Although he has asked for a shaker card for his Birthday (September). But not with beads. Sweets. I said I'd think about it......

  • Image: Tiddly Inks, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: Not sure as found in my box of bits
  • Everything else: My stash

14 comments:

  1. Oh I love it, it was so worth all the time. And your post made me giggle. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello ruth my lovely!! oooh this is cute i love it, the bunting looks fab too hun! everyday princess is such a gorgeous girl isn't she?! thank you for playing with the tiddly inkers this week hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ruth. I love your card, I'd have to give a go to shaker cards, I've never done one. Thank you for sharing, Miria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is beautiful!!! Love the banner across the top and your Tiddly Image is so cute in the shaker!!! Love your gray and pinks together!!! Thanks for joining us again this week - I always love your creations!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth love what you have done with that little Tiddly Princess - a very pretty in pink card. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply gorgeous, LOVE it!! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love the silver with the pink and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is GORGEOUS!!! i love the sparkly gems used for your shaker! the banner may be my absolute favorite EVER! just GORGEOUS COLORS!!

    i'm in love!

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like all the cleaning paid off with the find of the silver card & the inspirational idea! This is soooo pretty...and you're colouring like a Pro!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! love the flags & fabulous coloring!

    Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this card is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!
    Marlena:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh so cute! Love the pink and silver and the lovely banner. Fabulous card! always love your creations. thanks for playing with us again at TI. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! Love your colouring and the banner is so sweet!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!