Thursday 17 February 2011

Pretty In Pink

The Penny Black challenge this week is a lovely one! It is:

Pretty In Pink

I've used a cute hedgehog and daisy image which I've coloured mainly with Aquamarkers - the sky is coloured with watercolours and the deck chair Promarkers. The daisy was supposed to be more of a delicate pink however I think my Aquamarker collection needs expanding a little!

The paper is Basic Grey Sultry 6x6 and I've simply added a rather large and extravagant hot pink satin ribbon and bow! Also four little half pearls to the top right of the card. The image has been layered onto some pink card from my stash which I've rounded the edges, inked and then dotted a fine line around the edge of the actual image to keep it from 'falling out' so to speak!

  • Image: Penny Black, coloured with Aquamarkers, Promarkers and watercolours
  • Paper: Basic Gray Sultry 6x6
  • Everything else: My stash

6 comments:

  1. Hi, your card is gorgeous, the colouring is lovely.Also the backing paper is really bright and eye-catching.Love it.Take care.Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and that's a lovely pink flower! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely gorgeous ruth and I love that ribbon.....thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaaawww tooo stinkin' CUTE!!! that looks like me when I sunbathe all round and pink all over LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya

    lovely card and great image oh how I would love tobe laid back in a chair somewhere hot lol, not so likely to happen

    thanks for joining us at pbsc

    Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little hedgehog is precious! I love all the colors and the ribbon is a perfect finishing touch!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!