Sunday 20 February 2011

Robot Doorhanger

I have a pile of digital images that I've already printed out, usually because I'm after one or two specific images and don't like to waste the rest of the sheet, so I fill it up with other images which them wait for me to colour and use! This lovely little robot image from Tiddly Inks is just one, and when I saw their current challenge:

Monochromatic

I decided that he could be coloured and used! I've gone for a grey, silver and black theme and made this cute little doorhanger by layering black card and cutting out the shape. I've doodled a line around the edges with a white gel pen and then added a silver embossed panel (Cuttlebug folder) to the centre and then the image.


I've used Promarkers - all Cool Grey shades - to colour plus a little glossy accents (see how much I like this product - its on everything I make now!) on his eyes and digital chest display. Although the photo does not show it too well, I've added a jet black gem to the handle plus two clear ones and tied some thin ribbon too.

I think Jacob has his eye on this doorhanger and he's also keen for me to use glossy accents as he is fascinated with the finish when its dry!

  • Image: Tiddly Inks, coloured with Promarkers and a bit of glossy accents
  • Dies: Cuttlebug embossing folder
  • Everything else: My stash

11 comments:

  1. oh ruth its absolutely super!! i am not surprised Jacob has his eye on it hun because mo just saw it and said "ooooh can we have that one mummy!!!" romfl!! thank you for joining the tiddly inkers this week hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool!! Love the shiny embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely awesome, I can't stop staring at it... love it!! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inksers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! the embossed metal background sets off the image perfectly! So adorable! thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply FABULOUS! Super fun and funky!!

    Great job and thanks for joining us at TI this week!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous project! Love your embossed background, it is perfect together with this image. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks and I hope to see you again next week. :)

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea of using a door hanger! Such a great project! Thanks for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is wonderful...great silvery color and such gorgeous coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! Love your coloring and the background looks awesome! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is soooo fun. Love what you have done to give that metallic look. Thanks for being a Tiddly Inker this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project! Love that embossed metallic background too :)

    Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!