Friday 21 May 2010

Polkadoodle Challenge Week 20 - Something for Mum

It's Friday again and another Polkadoodle challenge! This week, Fliss has set the challenge to make:

Something for Mum and the colours Blue and Peach

I had a little disaster with my first idea and attempt so that's on one side to be resuscitated for another day! So in the end, I made a little fancy gift box.

I've used the Sugar Birdies cd and used one sheet of A4 for the actual box. There is no need for glue as it holds itself together with the tabs through the top.

The flowers are also from the same cd and I printed the sheet so that it fitted four times onto a sheet of A4. The flowers were then coloured with Promarkers and I've simply layered them up and gently rolled the petals to give some definition.

And finally I've added a silver flower brad to the centre.

The box is really quite small so it won't hold anything much bigger than a bag of chocolate buttons!
If you want to join in with the challenge, we would love to see your creations and you have until Sunday 31 May at 12noon GMT to add your entries to the Polkadoodle challenge blog. Good luck!
  • Backing paper: Sugar Birdies cd
  • Flowers: Digi stamps from Sugar Birdies, coloured with Promarkers

1 comment:

  1. Ruth you come up with the most clever ideas. I'd love to receive a little treat in this box. Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!