Monday 31 May 2010

My Hero!

I'm quickly catching up with some of the challenges from the last week now that we are back from holiday! I do like the sketches on Sweet Sketch Wednesday and the current one is this:

I've used a digital image by Lee Jacobs which I bought from here, coloured with Promarkers plus black and grey felt tips (I've yet to buy these colours in Promarkers!) plus china-graph white pencil for highlighting.
The plain green backing is actually a card blank that I cut down with the printed from Polkadoodles Sugar Birdies cd and I thought it went perfectly with the image when I was sorting through all my scraps.

The sentiment is computer generated and I've added two buttons with jute bows to comply with the sketch.

  • Printed backing papers: Sugar Birdies from Polkadoodles
  • Image: Digital image by Lee Jacobs coloured with Promarkers and bought from here
  • Sentiment: Computer generated
  • Everything else: My stash

8 comments:

  1. Great guys card! Love your coloring and the star paper too. Thanks for playing at SSW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't seen these images before. You did a nice job on the sketch. Love the stitching and the rounded corners on your card. Nice addition. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fab, love your colouring and a great choice of image.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great guy card! I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at Sweet Sketch Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! Love the colors and the stars are the perfect touch! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting card - so wonderful is this image and just darling!! WOW! I love your coloring, it is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! Brilliant card! Thanks for playing at SSW!!

    Jenny T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my isn't he something!! Very fun!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!