Monday 17 May 2010

Christening

A wonderful sketch once again over on Sketch Girl and I had the perfect occasion too!

We'd been invited to a Christening and of course I'd left it to the night before to make the card! I knew I wanted to use the Sizzix elephant and that was all! The papers are from Funky Daze and I've rounded the edges then inked them.

The letters are from my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set and the cross is a Quickutz die.

  • Backing papers: Funky Daze from Funky Hand
  • Dies:
  • Cuttlebug Baby Face for the letters, Quickutz for the cross and Sizzix for the elephant

12 comments:

  1. Great card ... I like the colour blocked effect ... and these are some of my favourite papers from Funky Hand. My favourite colour is green and it works so well with this shade of blue.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, this is absolutely adorable! I love the blocky background and the raised elephant

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this card is absolutely brilliant Ruth. I love green and blue together and that elephant is just the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card! Such a cute little elephant! Thank you for playing with us at Sketch Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card.... I love it and thanks for joining is at the Sketch Girl Challenge ....

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a cutie! Those colors and the rounded corners are perfect! So glad I am not the only one who waits until the last minute!!!
    Happy to see you playing along again with us at Sketch Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I'm a sucker for elephants so I definitely love this card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Everything is perfect. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, too cute! Love the elephant and the inked edges! Thanks so much for playing with us at Sketch Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rounded corners really give this card something special. Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! The shades of blue and green are super together and I love your inking! Adorabe elephant!
    SG Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!