Sunday 9 May 2010

Blue Sapphire

I was asked to make a very special Wedding Anniversary card by an old school friend of my Mum's - it was to be her In-Law's Sixty Fifth Wedding Anniversary - and could I make a special card?! Of course! So I did a bit of research (google!) and found that a 65th Anniversary is Blue Sapphire, so I used those colours as the theme.

I made a Joy Fold card as I wanted to incorporate some photos of when the couple were courting which I tidied up in photoshop before printing onto photo paper. All the backing papers are Basic Grey and are from the Wisteria Collection. The base card is a lovely linen effect cream 300gsm card that worked wonderfully well with the theme. The bow on the ribbon hold the front of the card down but is flexible enough to let the card be displayed.

The flowers I bought from Hobbycraft and they are beautiful handmade flowers and look very lifelike! The gems I also bought for the occassion along with the blue satin edge ribbon.

The verse was asked to be included on the card and I've printed it on my computer with a font and colour to match the overall card. The blank panel inside the card had an insert upon which the message could be written and then stuck inside the card as it would be a little tricky to write it directly onto the card with all the flowers on the reverse!

I made the hatpins myself and used some pearl beads that were left over from making my Wedding dress 10 years ago.


My Mum and Dad celebrate their 40th - Ruby Wedding Anniversary this summer so I now know what I'm going to make - just will substitute the blue for red!

The card also fits the current challenge on Charisma Cardz of a Wedding or Anniversary card.

  • Papers: Basic Grey - 12 x 12 papers - Wisteria Collection
  • Flowers, Gems and Blue Ribbon: Hobbycraft
  • Everything else: My stash

5 comments:

  1. Stunning! So special. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ruth, it's beautiful. I bet they love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an incredibly beautiful card Ruth. I am sure it will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really elegant Ruth. I'm sure they will be thrilled with it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

    I also have candy on my blog, 3 Magnolia Fairytale Stamps if you would like to enter, here is the link.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!