Friday 31 May 2013

Elf

As well as running Crimbo Crackers in order to make sure I have plenty of Christmas cards and not to be panic stricken come November, I thought I'd do an extra festive card with this cute Sassy Cheryl image I bought from CraftsUPrint.  I came in a kit of 5 Sassy Cheryl images all pre-coloured for £3 which I thought was a bargain!

I've added it to some green printed card that I know I printed probably 6 or more years ago (and I've only just found it!) from one of the very first Funky Hand cd's - Yule Be Funky.  The other papers are offcuts (that I have had to be very clever with the joining!) from DCWV - The Christmas Stack 6x6 papers.

I've added some green Christmas ribbon from my stash and a snowflake charm.  I bought I think 50 of these charms a while ago and I keep looking at them thinking that either side is nice to show (one is more ornate than the other) but haven't really got round to using them!

The sentiment is a freebie from Cuddly Buddly and I've added some silver half pearls from my stash.  Stitching is all fake! 

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Sketch and Stash:  Sketch followed
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long:  Anything Goes
Jingle Belles Rock:  Tie a Ribbon
Southern Girls:  Tic Tac Toe (Ribbon, Stripes, Charm)
ABC Christmas Challenge:  K for Kept Safe (snowflake charm and green paper)
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge:  3 Embellishments (ribbon, charm and pearls)

Image:  Pre Coloured Sassy Cheryl kit from CraftsUPrint
Papers:  Green - Yule Be Funky from Funky Hand, all others DCWV 6x6 Christmas Stack
Sentiment:  Freebie from Cuddly Buddly
Everything else:  My stash 

14 comments:

  1. Super cute card, wonderful design & image!

    So glad that you found us at Southern Girls Challenge, hope to see you back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska
    http://www.akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great Christmas card, love the image, traditional colours and the sewing around the edge. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card lovely image and love the embellishments you used. Thanks for playing with Holly Jolly.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Ruth, I like the sweet image, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks to play with us at CSAYL Tip Top, with your cute and so nice card, love this lovely elf, hope to see you again, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those traditional holiday hues ... so glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CSAYL this week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card, looks like you really raided your stash for this one! Thanks for playing along at ABC Christmas Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you used your kept safe stuff for the K challenge, the green paper and the snowflake charm looks so great on the card together with this cute image.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge, hope to see you again,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh that little guy is just toooooooooo cute--and that is the best digi name, ever, by the way! :) :) :) loooove this sweet & adorable card! thanks for joining our ribbon rendezvous at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! An adorable image; love your papers, too. And a fun layout. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Looks great with those papers and all the rounded corners! Thanks for joining in the fun at CSAYL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute. Love the stitching and charm too.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our ‘Kept Safe’ challenge at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card :-) such a cute image and the bright colours are fab,, very cute :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!