Wednesday 29 December 2010

Small, Cute and Bright Thanks!

Be warned as this is a bright post! I've decided that I really do need to use up all the bits of printed card that I have in the large shoe box instead of printing more, so when I saw the current Cupcake challenge which is:

Thank You

And after remembering that I had several sheets of this hot pink fuchsia card in my stash and some small envelopes perfect for making some Thank You cards, I got to work and made these:


Each card is 90cm square, so quite dinky (I'm using envelopes from a budget range of 10 Christmas cards from Asda at 10p a pack - no, I'm not kidding (the cards were naff, but envelopes good!) and that is before they are reduced!) I've used paper from Funky Daze (sale on at the moment plus the cd is permanently reduced!) which was left over from a previous project and fitted in well with the hot pink colour scheme!

All the buttons were donations from Lynsey (thank you!) and I've glued them on after tying string through and making a bow. I've glued the centre of the bows too.

I've used a Nestabilities die to cut the shapes and the sentiment (wonky in places but adds to the effect!) has been stamped with a little wooden Studio G alphabet stamp. A little bit of inking around the edge of the die cut shapes and the cards are complete!

I need to make some thank you cards from the boys as they got a lot of presents for Christmas, however I'd have to change the colour theme as I don't think they'd be too impressed sending these!

  • Backing papers: Funky Daze from Funky Hand
  • Dies: Nestabilities
  • Sentiment: Studio G alphabet stamp
  • Buttons: Lynsey
  • Everything else: My stash

5 comments:

  1. These are great! Perfect little Thank you cards and bargain envelopes!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! LOVE the bright and cheerful colors. Great "thank you" cards.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hot pink... my fave! These are ace!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!