Wednesday 1 December 2010

Get Funky Challenge 16 - Sketch

Can it be the first of December already?! What happened to the year?!! And with it being the first of the month, its the start of a brand new Get Funky challenge! If you want to know who won last months challenge and receives a £20 voucher to spend on Funky Hand products - its all revealed on the blog!

This month we have a sketch from Kathy: I've not completely followed the sketch - can you see what's missing?! I've used papers from Dreams Come True for a slightly alternative coloured Christmas card and I've kept it quite plain and simple.


I've used one of my nesties dies for the centre and added a snowflake that I bought from Matalan in the January sales which should be a parcel sticker thingy, but they are way too good for that, hence me using them on my cards! Big blingy gem in the centre is from a sheet of various sized gems from the pound shop (bargain!)

And the icicles? Well, they do look nice, but I can tell you that they are a right pain to glue down as they want to twist up! In a previous life they were also Christmas decorations and again, way too good for that, so I'm using them!

Bit of corner rounding and inking and the card is complete! Apologies for the colour cast on the photo but, well, the weather is not helpful to getting balanced photos!

We hope you can join us this month - the challenge is open until 31 December and the only rule (apart from following the sketch) is to use a Funky Hand product. Easy peasy lemon squeezy as Jacob would say!

Good luck!

  • All papers: Dreams Come True from Funky Hand
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities
  • Everything else: Random Christmas decorations

3 comments:

  1. The icicles are just fab, well worth the pain of sticking them on!
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used the sketch and the papers - but most especially I love that icicle trim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!