Tuesday 27 March 2012

Get Funky Challenge - Celebrating Spring

It's my turn to hopefully provide some inspiration for the current Get Funky! challenge which has been set by the very talented Kathy and the theme for the month is:

Celebrating Spring

And as always the main rule is that you MUST use a Funky Hand product in your creation. If you don't have anything Funky Hand (why not?!) there is always the Funky Freebie to be snagged each month that fits the challenge theme perfectly.
I made my Mum a gift bag and matching card with the offcuts. And she was rather impressed! The papers are all from Retro Fun download - this is a wordbook download but it comes with some A4 sheets which I've used. Plus the Flutterby Flowers download.

A Martha Stewart punch has been used for the strips and I cut the lettering with my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet dies. I actually stuck the strips upside down on my card by mistake and by the time I realised it was too late. Ah well!

Good luck with the challenge - you have until midnight GMT on 14 April to enter and please don't forget to use a Funky Hand product!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Kathy's Waffle Sketch File: Sketch Followed
My Grafico: Easter / Spring
Paper Creations Ink: Things With Wings
Truly Madly Crafty: Colour Inspiration
Always Something Creative: Spring Awakening


  • All papers: Retro Fun download
  • Butterflies: Flutterby Flowers download
  • Punches and Dies: Martha Stewart; Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet
  • Everything else: My stash

7 comments:

  1. Fab project. I love the butterfly. Hugs,moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your use of the border punches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fantastic, Ruth. The colours are perfect.
    I love the sketch that way up too - looks fab - Thanks for using the March "Tumbling" LO from The Sketch File

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card and bag for our Things with Wings challenge! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink. Hope to see you back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should think your mum was impressed - i love the funky papers
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful card and gift bag (And I like the punch strip going the opposite way...artistic license you know! lol!)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful creation.

    Thanks for playing us at ASC.

    XOXO Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!