Friday 16 March 2012

Polkadoodle Challenge 11 - Animals or Birds

It's time for another Polkadoodle challenge and I hope I can be forgiven for not quite reading the theme brief properly! The theme is:

Animals or Birds

And I've classed the butterfly as an animal...... I think I had winged things in my head as my interpretation of a bird.....!

I've used the fab Sundae of Seasons cd for the butterfly image and the backing paper. I printed the butterfly a few times onto vellum and cut them out, layering up with foam pads on the body bit. I found some rather fab satin edged organza ribbon which matched the colour scheme perfectly.

Good luck with the challenge - for more details pop over to the blog and you can see the rest of the Design Teams fab creations!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

My Mums Craft Shop: Special Ladies (going to a special friend for her Birthday!)
Crafty Sentiments: Things With Wings
Crafting When We Can: Animals
Opus Gluei: Nature
Paper Sundaes: Feminine Flair

  • Butterfly and Paper: Sundae of Seasons cd from Polkadoodles
  • Ribbon and Pearls: My stash

9 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! this is gorgeous! Love this butterfly and this ribbon with a bow is so fabulous! Love thet red color as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh WoW - this is Fabulous. Love the colour. The vellum butterfly is just gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! Love the design and pretty butterfly. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. just loving your card, I've never printed onto acetate before, your dimensional butterfly is gorgeous
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. An elegant card, I love how the colours on your image and ribbon match perfectly and the pearls tie in with the design on your butterfly.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love this, so elegant and clean. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is one of the prettiest butterflies I have ever seen! Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Wow, I just love it. That butterfly is amazing. Congrats on making the top 3 at My Mum's Craft Shop! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is a wonderful card, so pretty! I love the hard work you put into your butterfly, it paid off with a gorgeous look!

    Your card is elegant and classic, really think it captures the spirit of our Opus Gluei theme. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!