Thursday 25 October 2012

Crimbo Crackers Challenge 27 - Shaped and Pink!

It's time for another Crimbo Crackers challenge!  The theme this fortnight (continuing the Breast Cancer Awareness theme too)is:

Shaped and a hint of pink

I've made a rather sparkly and pink star card!  The papers are all from the new Funky Hand download - Santa Baby which is part of the Oh Come All Ye Crafters collection of downloads.  The star shape is one that I've made myself and apart from a little bit of tricky cutting out, its really easy to make. 

I've layered a contrasting paper underneath although you can't see it too well on the photo!  I've used a lot of glitter glue plus I've coated the Marianne Creatables snowflake die cuts with glossy accents and then added some freebie purple / pink glitter I got with a magazine last year and then some other more white glitter over the top.

And yes, I'm still finding bits of glitter here and there!  The little stars are table confetti that I added to fill the gaps.  The snowflakes and little stars have been added with foam pads for extra lift.

Good luck with the challenge!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

ABC Christmas challenge:  U is for Up To You
Whimsy Stamps:  Sparkly
365 Cards:  Day 231 - You Raise Me Up
Creative Card Crew:  Fancy Folds
Die Cutting Diva's:  Glimmer, Shimmer, Gloss
Sassy Studios Design: Pink Holiday

Papers:  Santa Baby download from Funky Hand
Template:  My own
Dies:  Marianne Createables
Everything else:  My stash

8 comments:

  1. This is a stunning star for christmas. Love the non traditional colours and snowflakes and sparkle. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!

    Thanks for playing along with us on DTBST at Sassy Studio Designs!!

    Mary
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable Ruth. My favourite things - pink and plenty of sparkle.Love it.Hope you're well dearie.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty card love the star shape too, Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time,
    hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty shape card!!!Love it!!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning so I want to thank you for sharing with us over at Creative Card Crew this time.
    Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Thanks for joining the Fancy Fold challenge with CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Pretty. Love the shape of your card too. Thank you for joining us over Sassy Studio Designs Dare To Be Sassy Thursday.

    Hugs,
    Kate SSD - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!