Tuesday 20 September 2011

Girly Christmas

Time for a Christmas card and this is the first time I've inked this stamp. I bought it as a bit of a bargain in the clearance section in one of my local craft stores and it works so well for Christmas as well as other occassions! It's been coloured with Promarkers and just a hint of glitter glue.

I've used papers and sentiment from Polkadoodles Jingle Jangle Christmas plus some shiny silver card I found for layering. The gems are from my stash and for some strange reason, it took me ages to work out how best to place them!


The ribbon is from my stash and I've added some red and white embroidery thread as extra detail. And I've just realised that she's floating - I've not added a shadow..... ah well!

Another Christmas card off my total!!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Willow Sketchie: Sketch
Penny Black at Allsorts: Christmas
Christmas Challenges: Girlie Christmas
Ellephantastic: Here Come The Girls


  • Papers and sentiment: Polkadoodle Jingle Jangle Christmas
  • Image: Penny Black, coloured with Promarkers
  • Everything else: My stash

16 comments:

  1. Hi, Ruth. Great take on the challenge! Thank you for joining Winter Wonderland, hugs, Miria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love the fab image.
    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab Christmas card, I love how you have used traditional colours for a modern card - great mix.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Penny Black at Allsorts.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, love the polkadot paper. Thanks for playing along with Willow Sketchie this week. Good luck. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Chrismtas card! Thanks for playing at Ellephantastic. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great Crimbo card Ruth, clever coordination of traditional colours with a modern image, works so well.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black at Allsorts challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card, thank you for joining in with the challenge over at Willow Sketchie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card hun, fab image & colours!

    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. She does work well for Christmas cards, very cute. Thanks for playing at Winter Wonderland. (I have some candy on my blog.) Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is wonderful.

    Thanks for joining us at WSC this week and good luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah this is so sweet, love the papers they are super. Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week, Dont forget our MEGA prize next week!!! Hazel xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great find! Love your colouring, the red dress is fantastic!

    Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny Black at Allsorts.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card.Very stylish and suits the image well.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. sweet, fun & girly :0)
    Thank you for joining our challenge.
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Ruth. I love how you have turned a traditional looking card into a Christmas card. My girly crafter friends will love this.
    Thank you for playing along in our challenge at Penny Black at Allsorts and good luck in the prize draw.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!