Sunday 4 September 2011

Candy Cane

I know, two Christmas cards in one day! I think I can get away with it as I didn't blog yesterday or Thursday - decided to have two evenings not crafting and I got major Christmas withdrawal symptoms! Plus I'm working on samples for Funky Hand - the new cd is due out very very soon and its such a wonderful cd that I can't help but use the papers, digi images and templates!

Anyway, this card is for the Dustin Pike challenge which is Yummy, Yummy in my Tummy! I think I may be sliding my the seat of my pants here as I've used a candy cane! The image is from the Christmas set that I bought a while ago - I'm still finding images that I've not noticed before as there are that many in the set!

I've used a Nesties to cut the shape after I'd coloured the image with Promarkers. I've dotted a blue gel pen line around the edge of the shape as I didn't fancy inking it.

The top paper is an offcut I found in my rather overflowing box of bits and the patterned paper is from an old Dovecraft Ho Ho Ho 8x8 paper stack. I found a small length of red ribbon in my stash (I really need to get some more grosgrain red!) and I've added some string that I found which originally came from the scrap store - making a double bow for extra interest.

I followed the Tuesday Morning Sketches for inspiration and I've added a faux stitched line around the edge plus three gems from my stash.

Can't promise that my next post will not be Christmas related.....!!

I'd also like to enter the following challenges:

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge: No Sentiment
Fun With Shapes and More: Anything Goes
ABC Christmas: R for Recycling, Ribbons and Rhinestones (the string is from the scrap store - reused and saved from unnecessary landfill site)
For Fun Challenges: Christmas in August

  • Image: Dustin Pike, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: From my stash and Dovecraft Ho Ho Ho 8x8 paper stack
  • Everything else: My stash

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card - great red and blue together and such a cute snowman - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 36 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your right candy canes are yummy. very cute! Thanks for joining in on our fun at Pikes playground

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute, Ruth! love that Dustin Pike image!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a busy crafter... I love Dustin Pike's Snowman images.. they are just fun! Thanks for playing on "Pike's Playground" this week.
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy canes are yummy for the tummy. I always have at least one ever year. Great Job on both of your Christmas cards.

    Craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a cute Christmas card.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. tehehhee Tip Top you do make my chuckle! your right No landfill here either! LOVE your card and the string is Perfect too!

    Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge this time! hope you do make more Christmas cards soon! AND come play again too! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card - love the red, white & blue!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    PS - I have candy on my blog if you're interested :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAB!! Thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like the design with the pp on the bottom and it being a tall card. Cute.

    Thanks for "going Christmas" with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope you will stop by to see what the new challenge is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic card! I love the image and your design is great! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. The blue and red combo is very striking. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!