Thursday 1 December 2011

Snowcouple

I've had a few special orders for Christmas cards this year and this is one of them. I've used an image from Crafty Sentiments and coloured it with Promarkers and a little glitter glue.


I've added the sentiment before printing it off and all the papers are from Funky Hand - Twelve Crafters Crafting cd plus I've layered two snowflakes using a Sizzix die (plus more glitter glue!)

Edges have been inked and I've dotted a fine line using a blue gel pen around the edge of the image and the shaped papers. Embroidery thread is from my stash.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday: Sketch followed
Crafty Purple Frog: For Someone Special
I Love Promarkers: Snowmen / Snowflakes
Digi Stamps 4 Joy: Christmas but no Animals
Sassy Cheryl's: Winter

  • Image: Crafty Sentiments, coloured with Promarkers and glitter glue
  • Papers: Twelve Crafters Crafting cd from Funky Hand
  • Sentiment: Computer generated
  • Dies: Sizzix snowflakes
  • Everything else: My stash

13 comments:

  1. awww so cute - love the star DP and the embossed background
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Ruth! I do so love snowmen :)

    Hugs
    Lindaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and cute snow people :)

    Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- the colors are great! Love your layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great design! love your colors and fun image!
    Thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl Winter challenge!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! Love this little snow couple. They look like they are really in love. Love the card.
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, I really like this, the snow couple are adorable. Fab details, the embossing gives a real depth and I love how you've used the sketch. Thanks so much for joining the fun at Sketch Saturday this week. Good Luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, love the background and the coloring. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Tip Top, love the image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, really understated and very pretty. Thanks for joining us at I Love ProMarkers
    Andy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a lovely clean layout to your card

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally supercute. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww your snow couple is too cute. Great coloring and the glitter glue is the perfect added touch. Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy Merry Christmas Challenge #33...good luck ~ Charlene DS4J DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!