Friday 9 December 2011

Simply Create Too Challenge 2 - Embossing

It's time for a new challenge at Simply Create Too and the theme this fortnight is:

Embossing

I usually go for the dry embossing as I can never be bothered faffing around with the heat gun and powders (as I usually end up wearing the stuff for days!) but this time I decided to give it a whirl!

One of my cousins (hello Claire!) is getting married at the end of March and their Wedding invitations were sent out last week (beautiful they are!) and here is the RSVP that I will be sending and hopefully she will have received it before she sees it blogged!

I've gone with the theme of the invitation - very pale green and white but have embossed a freebie stamp that I've had for a fair while from a craft magazine and used the heat gun that Claire gave me! I think I possibly used the powders that she gave me too!

The organza green ribbon was far too wide for the little pearl buckle slider I got from Meiflower but I was determined to use it anyway so I twisted it up a bit and threaded it through the slider a few times to look how I initially wanted it. I've dotted around the edge of the card with a silver gel pen.

So watch out for more embossing from me in the future - it was actually really easy to do once I made sure I'd melted all the powder!

Now got to make another one, different of course, for my parents to send!

Good luck with the Simply Create Too challenge - for more details please visit the blog!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Shopping Our Stash: Whites option
Crafty Cardmakers: Heat Embossing
Stamps R Us: Emboss It
Victorine Stamps: Ribbon
Pink Gem Challenges: Monochromatic, Not Christmas and Sentiment
Krafting Kimmie: Heat or Dry Embossing
Less Is More: Green

  • Stamp: A freebie from a magazine ages ago
  • Papers: From my stash
  • Ribbon: Anita's
  • Pearl Buckle: Meiflower Crafts

13 comments:

  1. oh i love Heat embossing - but like you find its a faff - but the end result is gorgeous .
    I love this card - simply elegant
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful elegant card Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it's stunning! I'm the same, rarely get the heat gun out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - I usually end up wearing it too :-D Stunning RSVP card... really beautiful xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I do like heat embossing but don't do enough of it. Will have to take steps to remedy that in the new year because I do like the end result.
    The card is very elegant.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely elegant wedding invitation
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous, love the pearl buckle.
    Wishing you and yours have a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2012! :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous
    Unfortunately we only allow a combination of 5 challenges at Less is More
    Do join us again
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome Ruth, love the way heat embossing looks...hate to deal with the mess too...lol

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done!! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Stamps R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the simple elegance of this card - I sometimes wish I knew when to stop adding stuff to my cards!!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a *GORGEOUS* card! simple, elegant, perfection!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!