Thursday 22 December 2011

Simples (With Green)

I had a good day yesterday of creativity despite being interrupted every few seconds by the boys. Even the littlest room in the house was not sacred!

So here is one I made yesterday. Another Wedding Acceptance card (look away now Claire - my Mum's not got it yet let alone posted it to you!!) for my cousin who gets married at the end of March. Continuing with the green theme too although I don't think the Wedding is green themed just I like this ribbon and beads!

Anyway. Kept it rather simple and did not add a sentiment. Don't have an Acceptance stamp and couldn't be bothered firing up the pc to print one. Honest. But true!

I've used D'vine Swirls embossing folder, a Sizzix layered flower die that has partly been embossed with Swiss Dots and the scalloped edge are heart punches. I've used some green organza ribbon that I bought recently (can't remember where) and some oddments of green themed beads that were another donation from Lynsey (thank you - and yes, I sifted through all the bag for these!)

Oh and a bit of inking around the edges with a badly matching green inkpad. Oh well!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Random Acts of Creativity: Sketch followed
Cooking It Up With Katie: Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz: Anything Goes
City Crafter: Winter White

  • Dies: Sizzix layered flower; Cuttlebug embossing folders - D'vine Swirls and Swiss Dots
  • Ribbon: My stash
  • Beads: Lynsey donation
  • Punch: Heart

9 comments:

  1. oh this is beautiful.. i love the green against the white - so pretty
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I like the embossing and the beads.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! just perfect for our challenge ... love the elegance of this ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Beautifil white card.I like very much the fact you added that some touch of green. Haughtiness realizations ! Congratulations !


    Merry Chrismas ! Joyeux Noël !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth, this is so wonderful! I'm so glad you played along in the challenge at Cooking It Up with Katie this time, and remember that you can play up to 3 times before the challenge ends on January 3. Merry Christmas.
    NanaConnie DT Chef

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, perfect for the occasion!
    Merry Christmas to You and Yours!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Ruth - the green looks so striking against the white.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!