Friday 23 December 2011

Simply Create Too Challenge 3 - Shape It Up

It's time for another Simply Create Too challenge and this fortnight the theme is

Shape It Up

So how ever you interpret that its good for us!

I've made two pages for a Baby Yearbook that I've been asked to make hence the two captions on the pages. I've gone with the die cut theme and have used one of my Nestabilities dies, Sizzix balloon die and also a Cuttlebug star die too.


The large star in the background has been glittered and the template is from Twelve Crafters Crafting cd from Funky Hand.

I've dotted a blue gel pen line around the edge of the page (the bit on the side is where the holes will be punched for holding all the pages together) As well as glittering the star, I've glittered the balloons too.

All the papers are from The Clip Art Fairy - Beautiful Baby Boy paper pack and the cute teddy is also from The Clip Art Fairy - Just Ben Bear in blue. The embroidery thread is from my stash. The space inside the frame is where the photo will go - just in case you were wondering!

Good luck with the challenge and I hope you can find the time to enter! For more details and to see the rest of the Design Teams samples, pop over to the challenge blog!

I'll be back with more layouts too - I'm actually finding them really interesting to do as I have more space and I have to think about how the pages open will look so I'm trying to mirror the pages for uniformity!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

My Mums Craft Shop: Anything Goes
365 Cards: Day 295 - I've Been Framed
Aud Sentiments: Anything Goes
Colour Create: Blue, Silver and White
Sketches in Thyme: Sketch #63 followed
  • Papers and Teddy digi: The Clip Art Fairy
  • Star template: Twelve Crafters Crafting cd from Funky Hand
  • Dies: Nestabilities, Cuttlebug star, Sizzix balloons
  • Sentiment: PC generated
  • Everything else: My stash

5 comments:

  1. Awesome layout Ruth, so glad all is right in blogdom again...

    Happy Christmas! xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card so cute thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh sooo sweet!!!! love the sketch for baby pages!!! tooo precious. thanks soo much for playing along with Sketches in Thyme!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at MMCS
    Best Wishes
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Colour Create, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!