Sunday 22 January 2012

Recycled Birthday

Another quick Birthday card! I've used a Squiggles and Giggles image (bought with my recent win!) called U Rock and coloured it with Promarkers. I've handwritten the sentiment as I didn't have the energy to look for a stamp as I had a really bad headache and needed to get the card finished as it was for an order!

All the papers are from Funky Hand - Funky Daze cd which this must be my most favourite colour collection (Son Day) and the papers are actually all off-cuts from previous makes - there's some clever hiding of gaps underneath the image! I am determined to make my box of bits more manageable but I think I'll have to sort through it as I found some rather small bits of card which I don't know why they were there as not good for much!

The twine was donated by Samuel as he'd been using some for transporting cars and trucks underneath his army aircraft. And fake brads made with a black Sharpie marker and glossy accents.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Squiggle Stamps: Recycle
Sketch and Stash: Sketch followed
Crazy 4 Challenges: Child's Birthday
Mark's Finest Papers: Birthday Card
Digi Doodles Shops Best: Blues and Browns

  • Image: Sqiggles digi, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: Funky Daze (Son Day collection) from Funky Hand
  • Sentiment: Handwritten
  • Everything else: My Stash

13 comments:

  1. Great card; Love the layout and that cute image.
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious image - and card! So cute and I love that DP you used with this too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card & such a great image...

    Thanks for playing along at sketch n stash & good luck!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card does rock. You work well with a headache! Thanks for joining us at the Digi Doodle Challenge Blog this week. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle Shop this week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tip Top this is brilliant, you rock was one of the first images that I bought from squiggles as my dad's 65th was looming and it was perfect for him. Thanks for joining us at squiggles and giggles for their recycling challenge. hugs heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card love the cute image thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, cute card. Great coloring. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is awesome! I love the colours, and the string in the background, very nice, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the string in the background and the colors used.






    plastic cards
    plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is fab i love it x

    thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!