Monday 5 September 2011

School is an Open Book

I've already made two School Good Luck cards and then last night I remembered I had another to make, so this will be late (along with her brother's Birthday card as it was last week!) I think the reason why I forgot that Lucy was starting school is that I still think of her as a baby and not nearly 5!!

Anyway, I was planning on using the free open digi book image from Tiddly Inks with something else, but last moment panic over as to what to do for Lucy was over when I saw that I still had some fab papers on my table that I could use as bunting.


The papers are from Cosmo Cricket - Togetherness digi paper pack which I bought from Jessica Sprague. I cut the triangles out then layered them onto the red and white flowered paper and then added the letters with a Letraset fineliner. The bunting lines are handrawn and I had to be careful that I could fit all the letters on (I got distracted watching Dr Who!) The word Lucy has been overwritten with glossy accents for extra definition.

I coloured the digi image with Aquamarkers and added a faux stitched border around the edge of the kraft card blank.

And I've missed the post today, so it will be even later!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Tiddly Inks: Reading Fun
Come and Get it Challenges: Back to School
Creative Inspirations Paints: Back to School
Crazy 4 Challenges: Back to School
If The Shoe Fits: Back to School

  • Image: Tiddly Inks, freebie, coloured with Aquamarkers
  • Papers: Cosmo Cricket digi Togetherness paper pack

8 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the banners! Thanks so much for playing with us over at "The Shoe"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just crisp, simple and fabulous Ruth!! Thanks for playing along!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Ruth, I love the banner. I am sure Lucy will be thrilled to bits with it.

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab,Ruth, and so different to the usual back to school cards. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, she'll love it! Glad to see you in our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute idea. Banners are so hot right now. Thanks so much for coming to play at our Come and Get It Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hiyah ruth!! this is just such a super duper card! love the little banners and the open book is such a beaustiful way to take on the challenge.
    thank you for playing along with the tiddly inkers this week hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ruth a great idea and the banner is very cool. Thanks for playing at Come and Get It this week.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!