Saturday 20 November 2010

Dude Time Doodles Challenge 2 - Photo Inspiration

I can't believe its come round to the 20th of the month so quickly! And because it is the 20th its time for a Dude Time Doodles Photo Inspiration challenge! So take inspiration from this montage - use the colours or the images on your creation and link up with the Dude Time Doodles blog before 3 December to be in with a chance of winning or placing in the top three!

I've used the colours as inspiration as Tom Tom the Turkey just wanted to be used! I was going to add something along the lines of 'Bernard will be calling soon....' (for US readers Bernard Matthews is a HUGE turkey farmer! And not to be confused by the famous Northern comedian Bernard Manning - you can google that yourself! But be warned not for those easily offended!)

I digress...!

I've used a sheet of brown paper that came with some photo printing paper as my backing (I've no Kraft card but this is good enough!), doodled a faux stitched line around the edge and inked lightly. I say lightly as the ink pad has seen better days and even coca cola has limited resuscitation effects these days!

Image has been coloured with Promarkers and layered onto some brown offcut of card. Glitzy gold snowflake started life as a parcel sticker but is way too good for that, so its on my card! Spotty red backing paper is from Patti Picklicious cd by Kirsty Wiseman and adds just the right amount of colour I think!

So fancy entering?! Yes, of course you do! The challenge is open until 3 December and have a look on the challenge blog for more details on how to enter! Good luck!

  • Printed backing paper: Patti Picklicious by Kirsty Wiseman
  • Brown backing: Random paper from some packaging
  • Image: Tom Tom Turkey from BBDesigns, coloured with Promarkers
  • Everything else: My stash

6 comments:

  1. Cute card and the snowflake is a reminder that winter is approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom turkey looks great, and your right, the red polka dotted paper adds the perfect amount of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute Mr. Tom Tom!!! He just cannot get away from the calendar LOL and he only has about four days left to try and sway everyone to eat more BEEF or go vEGetARIaN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he is shouting eat more "PORK" I would have never thought of a snowflake! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card- your coloring is wonderful! I love the colors you used- off to google a comedian.....!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!