Wednesday 17 June 2009

Plenty of Flowers

It's been a while since I entered a Stampin' Chic challenge and I liked the simplicity of this sketch and decided to give it a try! As soon as I got the HUGE Big One paper stack out, I knew exactly what I was going to make! And this actually was a quickish card to create too - it took me around an hour and a half, in between supervising Samuel and his drawing of his Grandad for his school homework, and having half an eye on a Murder She Wrote episode (bit of car crash telly with the wooden acting by most of the cast, but somehow I find myself drawn to it!)

Anyway! The backing paper and the three layered flowers are all from The Big One paper pack - I've used my lovely Cuttlebug flower die to create the layered look and then pinched the petals for a 3d effect. The centres are, of course, card candy from Craftwork Cards.
I cut the circle on the sketch out and made another flower which is shown through the aperture, again this is cut with the same papers and die.

I've doodled a line around the edge of the card and the ribbon (matches perfectly - no surprise there considering how much ribbon I have in my stash!) has simply been tied on.

The sentiment is from the CCSR Stamping For Him set and I've layered it onto The Big One paper too.
  • Backing paper: Clare Curd Signature Range - The Big One
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Flower set
  • Sentiment: Clare Curd Signature Range - Stamping For Him
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Card Candy: Craftwork Cards


7 comments:

  1. Love the mixture of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really clever idea. Beautiful card.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing! I love how you have used the sketch! Thanks for taking part in the CCSR challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I do like this - what a great card!! Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love how you've cut the flowers! Thanks for joining in the challenge over on the stampin' chic blog. Love, Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!