Thursday 19 December 2019

Using the Positive and Negative Part of a Die Cut

Sometimes there are some really pretty dies that it's a shame to throw away the bits that are not part of the main design.  So, here is a quick post to show just how easy it is to use those negative bits!  Also great if you've just realised you still have some Christmas cards to make as here are two for the price of one!

I've used the Fancy Intricate Bauble die from Polkadoodles and some horded glitter card (the red is from Tesco's - 2015 judging by the label and I'd never opened it until now!)

I cut once from each die and then carefully pushed all the negative bits from the cut.


I then glued the outline shape to my card panel as its easier to fill in the gaps from this point.  If you have a Xyron Machine, then your life will be easier than mine as I use the old fashioned method of dabbing glue.


Oh, before I stuck anything to the card panel, I scored a border so it holds everything together, aesthetically.  And here are the two cards - I find by adding the larger pieces, its easier then to add the smaller ones afterwards.


To make sure its all stuck down, I pop the panels underneath the cushion I have on my hard wooden kitchen chair that I sit on to craft - saves time as I can be getting on with something else whilst they are being flattened!

And the finished cards - the panel has been added to a card blank and I've added some half pearls from my copious stash.


I'd like to enter the following:

As You Like It:  Favourite Die (its just so pretty!)
Crafty Creations:  Anything Goes
Moo Mania:  Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread:  Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!Thank you for joining Moo Mania &More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what wonderful motifs the cards have, fabulous!!!
    greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!