Wednesday 16 October 2019

Quick Gift Box

I have a bit of a thing for making gift boxes - I make one for each of my team at Christmas and fill with goodies for them (I have quite a large team!) so always on the look-out for something quick and easy to make.  And then, I make extras for other work colleagues who help me out!  So yes, I need quite a few!

So I was having a play with some of the Ho Ho Ho 6x6 papers - I glued two together (be careful with patterns!) and then when that was dry, I glued the other two edges together to create a tube.


Glue one side closed as shown - I used clothes pegs to keep it all together!  They have a better 'reach' than bulldog clips and are kinder on the grip!


Whilst waiting for all this glue to dry, I cut some holly leaves using the Holly and Spruce die - I've coloured these leaves with Promarkers to match the leaves on the paper!  I've added them to a tag (Basic Tag dies) cut from a scrap of card and then used some Dew Drops for berries.


I've now held the opposite sides together to create a triangle and punched two holes (I actually used a hole punch as the holes were a perfect spacing) and threaded the red ribbon through with the tag.


In total, with drying time, this took about an hour, but I didn't just sit around waiting for the glue to dry - I was productive with my time!  I'd like to enter the following:

A Perfect Time To Craft:  Anything Goes
Crafty Hazlenut's Patterned Paper:  Anything Goes
Love To Craft:  Anything Goes
Not Just Cards:  Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little box. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards Challenge Blog October Anything Goes Challenge. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box.
    Thank you so much for taking part in our Love to Craft Challenge Blog.
    Agnieszka chanya13 DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!