Wednesday 12 June 2019

Using Up Scraps

I admit, I am a bit of a hoarder and I don't like to throw off-cuts of paper or card away unless its tiny.  So I have a few folders that they all go in, with same download or cd clipped together for easy future reference.

I was making some Father's Day cards and came across these off-cuts from the Sticks and Bones download.  I used the Posydoodles Tags die and the Happy Birthday die as I wanted to keep it quite simple.  Plus I used a kraft card blank and a piece of vellum.


Because the scraps were not big enough to fill the card, I had to be creative and use blocks, cutting to size as I went.


I cut the sentiment twice for extra depth and layered up as shown.  I then added some twine to the top of the tag, some half pearls and doodled a running stitch around the panels for extra effect.


Great quick card!  I'd like to enter the following:

Die Cuttin' Diva's:  Masculine
Try It On Tuesday:  It's A Man's World
Unicorn Challenge:  For The Men / Boys
Crafty Cardmakers:  Masculine

10 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous - a beautiful layout and LUV the colour scheme. I have a huuuuge box of 'off cuts ' but never think to use them up so they just keep growing hahahaha :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice card

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful masculine card and a fantastic way to use up your smaller paper pieces.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and design, love the plaid paper. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Men/Boys" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, great use of scraps

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous way to use up your scraps. Love how you cut the papers to size .. looks really good. Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that tag cut! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful birthday card!
    Wish you a happy day! Rike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!