Friday 19 March 2010

Polkadoodle Challenge Week 11 - Sketch & Theme

It's Friday again so time for another Polkadoodle Challenge! This week, Nikky has set the sketch along with a theme. The sketch is below:

And the theme is to use only the colours blue and brown. There are some wonderful Design Team samples, so pop over to the Challenge Blog to have a look and also to enter the challenge. Please remember that you can combine your Polkadoodle entry for 10 challenges but no more if you wish to be considered for a top three spot.

For my sample, I've used the new cd Paper Boutique along with the A6 sized car which I've just used the front elements and decoupaged them. The round sentiment backing is also part of the same collection and I've used my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet to create the letters.

The 'ribbon' is actually upholstery off-cuts which I got from the scrap store! I've had to glue the edges to stop the fraying, but I think it looks pretty good as bloke ribbon!

The challenge is open until Sunday 28 March at 12noon GMT so hope you can join us!

  • All paperbased elements: Paper Boutique cd from Polkadoodles
  • Sentiment: Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet
  • Ribbon: Scrap Store

4 comments:

  1. Great card Ruth. I can see lots of uses for this little car. Love your choice of fibers. Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Ruth and that car fits so well as part of the sketch. Really clever idea.
    Have a great weekend.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Ruth
    this is such fun,I love your Motor! your colours go together so well.
    hugs chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving your bloke ribbon
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!