Sunday 26 July 2009

Golden Wedding Anniversary

The Inspirational Sketches challenge this week is this sketch:



I was asked to make a special Golden Wedding Anniversary card and decided to use the sketch (basically I was struggling what to do!) So two Anniversary cards in a week can't be bad!

The backing paper is Papermania 6 x 6 Simply Elegant which I have slightly trimmed down to size, rounded the corners and lightly inked. The two ribbons are from my stash (one was already handily tied!)
The numbers have been cut from gold card and then gone through the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder and added onto two nestie cut shapes. The wording on the lighter brown nestie shape has been cut with my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set and the little heart is from my stash.

I made the two wire and bead hearts and purposely kept them a little random and not too heart shaped.


  • Backing papers: Papermania - 6 x 6 Simply Elegant
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set, D'Vine Swirls embossing folder and Spellbinders Nestabilities
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Beads & Wire: From my stash


6 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch Ruth. Love that ribbon. Thanks for joining in. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card for those 50 years! Whoever it is needs congrats! My parents just made 45 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, your card is stunning and loving those wire hearts - there adorable. Where do you get your patience?

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Ruth what a stunning card. Love the heart with beads. Fantastic take on the sketch! Thanks for playing! :)
    ♥Dawn♥
    Owner of ICS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a unique take on the sketch! I love the gorgeous ribbon and beaded wire!

    Thanks for joining us this week at ICS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning card! love your take on the card. thanks for playing along at ICS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!