Friday 27 February 2009

Pink Elephant Challenge # 3

The Pink Elephant challenge this week is a very fab sketch (by my fellow Funky Hand DT mate Carol):

I've had a bit of trouble trying to do flourishes and swirls and it, to be honest, was just not happening, so it ended up being two flowers folded in half with a Queen & Co brad to hold it all together. Plus, as I look at the card again, it goes well with the image! The image was sent to me by Lythan in a recent Funky Hand image swop and I've coloured it with watercolour pencils.

Originally, the background of the card was in a solid colour but it just didn't look right, so to keep to the sketch, I made a frame from rose pearlescent card - the image is layered onto raspberry (which I always thought would be pink but this is purple!) pearlescent card - both cut from huge sheets from The Range.
Fancy edge punch is a Martha Stewart one and I've added some pink grosgrain ribbon just to hide the dodgy edge that I managed not to cut very well!

I hand wrote the sentiment with watercolour pencils as I now need to get cracking on Mothers Day cards!
  • Image: From Lythan
  • Card: Huge pearlescent sheets from The Range - I think they are 99p each - bargain!
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Flowers: From Jozza
  • Brad: Queen & Co


4 comments:

  1. Stop mentioning The Range!!! I'm going to have to go and visit aren't I? More stuff for me then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!!! I love that image alot. thanks for joining us at TPE!
    Robin
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image - love the way you have used the sketch.
    Thanks for joining the Pink Elephant challenge this week.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Ruth, i love your frame and you've coloured the image perfectly, some great details :)
    Thanks for joining in the fun at TPE this week....

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!