Saturday 7 September 2013

Perfect Pair!

I treated myself a few weeks ago in the huge Sizzix sale (who can resist a sale?!) and I bought a few dies and embossing folders - I've yet to get with technology and the latest craze as I'm still very much attached to my Original Red Sizzix machine that I bought around 7 years ago.

Anyway, one of the dies I bought was a Sizzlett pear for under £2 and I've made this card with it:

For some reason I stuck the pears on wrong - they were supposed to be angled together at the top!  I've used a Nesties die for the circle and another Sizzix die for the little tag.  Ribbons are from a Christmas reel from Lidl (there are 3 ribbons on it all linked together with wooden apples and beads - I just stripped the bits off that I didn't want!)  The Happy Anniversary stamp is a retired one from Lili of the Valley and I hand wrote the one on the tag.

I quite like this die - various papers were used and inked which was great as it got through a few scraps!  The red seeds are daubs of Anitas paint that I've had for years.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

I Heart Sketches:  Sketch followed
Wags n Whiskers:  Ribbons and Bows
365 Day Cards:  Day 245 - A Ribbon Runs Through It
Crafty Ribbons:  Anything Goes With Ribbon
Twist of Faith:  Anniversary

5 comments:

  1. oh how cute are those little pairs .. love them
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!!!! Fab design, thank you for entering our crafty ribbons challenge
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pears! And I'm so with you about the technology craze. I still use and love my little Cuttlebug. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Twist of Faith!!
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww..this card is adorable. I love the pun with the pears. Thank you for joining us at Twist of Faith this week.
    Hugs,
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!