Sunday 5 July 2015

Patriotic Treat Jar

This is one of 4 jars I decorated for the boys' school forthcoming Summer Fair - the brief was to fill a jar with treats and decorate!  I managed to use scraps from my stash - the red and blue papers are from a Funky Hand cd and I've used my X Cut die to make the stars.

And of course, the jar is recycled (dare I say that I found it in the kitchen cupboard with an expiry date of August 2010......)


Some of the stars have been directly stuck onto the jar with glossy accents and others have been added with foam pads for extra depth.  Ribbon was a recent purchase from ebay - a little treat for myself!

These are nice and quick to make - filled with jelly beans (the ones from Lidl as they are only 99p for a big bag and are just as good as the real thing!) plus a treat bag of haribo's to stop everything from jiggling around.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

A Gem of a Challenge:  Red, White and Blue
Brown Sugar:  Red, White and Blue
Crafts 4 Eternity:  Red, White and Blue
Frosted Designs:  Red, White and Blue plus Old (the jar - it was dated 2010 in my cupboard!) and New (the ribbon was a recent purchase)
That's Crafty:  Wish Upon A Star

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely creation! Thanks for joining in with a Gem of a Challenge this time.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project! Love how you recycled this jar and made something fun out of it. Lovely design. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Red White and Blue" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous jar! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous decorated jar, such a brilliant red, white and blue design.
    Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
    Pauline
    x
    I am having a little giveaway on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loveeeeeeeee this!!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project. Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!