Sunday 20 November 2011

Winter Skating

As soon as I saw this image from Jellypark I knew what paper to use! This Skating Boy and Tag is one of the new releases this week and he is just fab to colour! I've used Aquamarkers for colouring plus a little glitter glue and he's been cut out (look - no white border!) to look like he's actually skating on the paper design!


The paper is actually quite glittery and so is the snowman - the photo just does not show it at all well. I've cut the tag out which comes with the image and tied some embroidery thread through it which actually looks a bit like a pom pom on a hat......!

I've distressed the edges of the paper with some scissors as it didn't quite look right just stuck onto a card blank.

The other new release will be blogged later on - I was fully intending to do them yesterday but I spent all day at a Craft Fair and was shattered when I got home after standing for 4 hours - I am now aching!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

2 Sisters: Let It Sparkle
Ellephantastic: Weather Related
Bloggers Challenge: For The Boys
Daring Cardmakers: Water, Water (snow and ice - was water and I've used Aquamarkers for colouring!)

  • Image and Tag: Jellypark, coloured with Aquamarkers plus a little glitter glue
  • Paper: Dovecraft Let It Snow
  • Everything else: My stash

7 comments:

  1. Love this little image and like what you have done with it.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card! with only the tag sentiment and the skating boy who is colored.

    Luanne
    http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card as always Ruth! I love how you have distressed the backing paper.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. Love the tag.

    Thank you for playing at Ellephantastic this month.

    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fabby card. Love the different styles, the bright & the subtle very effective. Thank you for joining our last challenge. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your unique style it's fantastic! Hope that you are relaxed now after Craft Fair :0)

    Zuz. x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! The distressed papers work wonderfully with your image! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!