Friday 5 December 2008

Jade - Word Book

This word book was made for a member of staff at nursery who was leaving to go and work with autistic children. Jade, at some point, has looked after both boys and 'knew' Jacob when he was a mere bump! He was actually due on her 18th Birthday but arrived 2 days later!

Made using papers from Funky Daze (Saturday Shopping collection!) and this was actually the first thing I made when I got the cd as I just love the colour combinations!


The letters I printed using word art onto thin card and then layered them onto the pages (which I've printed again onto thin card and mounted onto thicker stuff for stability - thick card does not agree with my printer!)

Virtually all the sentiments are handwritten and I've kept to the colour scheme with co-ordinating embellishments and ribbon.


The photos were 'donated' by a co-worker who was only too happy to help me out!

The heart clips below are actually fancy paperclips from Paperchase!



I've used brads, funky foam flowers, gems, ribbons and buttons throughout.

The three little bears on the letter E were generously donated a while ago by JennyFlower - they fit right in - such great insight!

I made the word book as a thank you from Samuel and Jacob, so it was only right to devote the back page to them!



And she loved it! You can see the front cover of it on the Funky Hand website in the DT examples - so now you know what's inside the book!
  • Backing papers: All from Saturday Shopping - Funky Daze
  • Dies: Cuttlebug flower from Baby Face Alphabet set and Sizzix Scallop tag combo
  • All embellishments: From my stash or made by me


1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful... it's no surprised that Jade loved this fabulous gitf, something extremely personal that she can treasure for years to come, Well done for creating such a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!