Tuesday 19 April 2011

Guilt Free Birthday Cake!

I just can't stop using this wonderful cupcake from the Polkadoodle cd Paper Boutique Vol 3 and out of the two colour combinations, I think this is my favourite!

I've made it as one of my friends has her Birthday next week, and this is the first time I've used the candle on the cake too! I've used the A5 pre coloured version, cut everything out and layered it up with foam pads. Then lashings of glitter glue and glossy accents on the chocolate stars!

It fits the CD Sunday challenge which is:

Birthday

They are celebrating their Birthday!! Happy Birthday!



I've dotted a silver line around the star sentiment and glitter glue has also been added - more sparkle than you can shake a stick at! The ribbon is from my stash and it holds the card together.

  • All paperbased items: Polkadoodle, Paper Boutique Vol 3
  • Everything else: My stash

8 comments:

  1. Now that's MY kind of birthday cake!! So cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. Certainly a better cake without those calories. Thank you for joining in with our Birthday Celebrations this week at CD Sunday.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love the colours and that gorgeous gingham bow. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card and I like the idea of a cake without calories too. Thanks for sharing in our birthday celebrations at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty cake with a less fattening centre, yummy, thanks for helping us celebrate our 1st birthday at CD Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like this, a lovely yummy cake to help us celebrate our 1st birthday. Thanks for joiningus this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cupcake! Love it. thanks for joining us at CD Sunday and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and original. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!