Sunday 17 April 2011

Dino Sore

I'd been asked to make, at short notice, a card for one of my cousins to-be-nephews who has broken both wrists on the first day of his Easter school holidays! Eeekkkk! So in need of a sketch that would fit the image (Dustin Pike, coloured with Promarkers) I found the current Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and because I'd not managed a challenge for a while, I thought it a great way of combining the need for the card and the challenge!


All the papers are from Funky Hand - Spookie Dookie Halloween download (see how I'm trying to use up ALL the bits in my bits box?!) and I've simply inked the edges with black ink and doodled a fine black line around them too. String is from my stash.

So hope the poor lad likes his card and gets better soon!

  • Image: Dustin Pike, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: Spookie Dookie download from Funky Hand
  • String: My stash

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh, you card just makes me smile, it is so cute. Great take on the sketch. I love how you used the twine.
    Thanks for stopping by and sharing your darling card.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how awful, two broken wrists!!! OUCH! Well your card sure is adorable!!!! Perfect image and such gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this card what an awesome image for such a sad occasion but it will put a smile on his face. I won't even ask what he was doing but he is a boy!!! Love your card and wonderful bright colour to cheer him up. Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fab image, he will love it
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your color and the background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this card!!! What an incredible job of coloring this poor hurting dragon. Your papers are fantastic together with this image too. Fabulous and so glad you've shared this with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both wrists!! Ouch!
    Your card is fab! The image & colour combo is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

    Genevieve SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fun and bright colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!