Sunday 10 April 2011

Balloons for a Baby

I am feeling rather like a domestic goddess this afternoon. That is if one sports very raggedy and glue / paint / glitter splattered jogging bottoms. I've washed the curtains from the dining room french windows and cleaned said windows. And I've washed the 4 curtains from the big bay window in the front and cleaned windows too. And done a random load of washing. All dried and all back where they belong!

I've also managed to make 2 cards (this one included), start 2 other cards and do some DT work too. And been to Burger King, two different B&Q's AND had a lie in until 8am!!

The sun is shining and it is pretty hot too so I've done the proverbial 'make hay whilst the sun shines'. And as its the UK, its probably not going to shine again for a fair few weeks!

Anyway, here is one of the cards I've made today - for the Tiddly Inks challenge which is also a refer a friend and a bunny hop. So, if you are joining in with the Tiddly Inks challenge - make sure you add to your post and leave a comment at Tiddly Inks that I sent you along!! You never know - be both could be in with a chance of winning something from Tiddly Inks!


I've used this very cute elephant and balloons which is a freebie from the Tiddly Inks website. I've coloured her with Promarkers and added some glossy accents to the balloons. All the papers are from Craft The Year Away from Funky Hand and I've used one of my Martha Stewart punches for the lacy bit. Ribbon from my stash along with the half pearls and I've made the hat pin myself.

Although you can't see it, I've dotted a fine silver line around the edge of the card blank and also the edge of the pink backing paper.

So there you have it! Oh, and I think I'm really getting organised with this card too as one of our neighbours who happens to be the Mum of one of Jacob's school friends is expecting a baby girl in the summer. So that's another item ticked off my to do list!

  • Image: Tiddly Inks freebie, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: Craft The Year Away from Funky Hand
  • Punches: Martha Stewart
  • Everything else: My stash

9 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Love the balloons that you glazed! I lvoe the soft pinks too and that pin is the perfect touch!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is gorgeous!!!
    i love the colors and the balloons!!
    greetings from Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and soft!! What an adorable card!

    Thanks for playing with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, cute card! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly inks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ruth this is just super super cute hun, i love the pink and get you with your hectic day!! than you for coming to play with the tiddly inkers again hun hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, I love it...the pins like that are my fav! :)
    Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how precious! Love the pink and shiny balloons! Haven't you been a busy gal!? Thanks for joining us at TI and good luck with the referral. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so very very sweet! The pink paper is so lovely. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week. I hope to see you again next week!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is very sweet!!! thanks for joining us at tiddly inks.

    greetings femke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!