Monday 2 August 2010

Here Comes The Bride!

I've been asked to make another photo album, again from someone at nursery and its for her friend who got married earlier in July and she was a bridesmaid. I'm slowly working my way through the 31 photos that need to go in the album and I thought this picture in a layout would be perfect for the Creative Craft Challenge which is:

Here Comes The Bride

I've used 300gsm smooth white card for the album page - kept the depth of the A4 sheet with the width cut to 9 inches. The colour scheme is pinks and silver with a bit of bling, so I've added a sliver border around the edges and used two different types of organza pink ribbon from my stash to create the bow.

The heart is Club Green and I've used backing paper downloaded as a freebie from Tinker and Co called Shabby Quilt. I've used the three swirly patterned papers throughout the album as a perfect match to the Bridal colour scheme.

So far I've made 5 full pages (double sided) so just another 8 to go!

I'm also in need for more 300gsm white card stock - I have enough for this project, but I just can't seem to get any decent stuff from anywhere! I bought what I have from The Paper Mill Shop online in one of their bargain boxes just before Christmas but they have changed the card that goes into the boxes and the heaviest I can get is around 220gsm which is not heavy enough for what I need. So does anyone know of where I can get some?!

  • Printed backing paper: Tinker & Co - freebie download Shabby Quilt
  • Everything else: My stash

3 comments:

  1. I use 300g smooth white card which I get from Anne Marie Designs. Only ever bought it from craft shows though so it was probably at a reduced price, not sure if it would be worth it if p&p was added. If you're interested take a look at the website here - http://www.annamariedesigns.com/
    Good luck with the album, I'me sure it will be great when finished.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab page . . I wish I could actually start an album . . power to ya!

    I also get my 300gsm card from Craft shows but not sure what the shop was called though ! Sorry . . that's not much help is it ! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this book is going to be gorgeous. I love the way you've done this page

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!